We have partnered with the Down Syndrome Guild of Southeast Michigan (DSGSEMI) on our journey.
The DSGSEMI’s vision is to provide support, resources and advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and caregivers with the goal of increasing opportunities and awareness. Specifically:
- Promote the development of programs that enrich the lives of individuals with Ds
- Increase public awareness and understanding about the abilities of individuals with Down syndrome
- Encourage inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome in our neighborhoods, schools, places of worship, recreational activities and places of employment
- Provide education, resources and support to parents and educators to ensure quality education which will prepare individuals with Down syndrome for further education, employment and/or independent living
- Create a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences
Thank you to the DSGSEMI for believing in us!